The principal responsibilities of this position are to provide support to students, staff, faculties, and visitors to the University.
Office Assistant is responsible for always representing the University professionally.
The Office Assistant also provides administrative support to other university departments as required. This includes support at on-campus events, control of classrooms and the building as required.
Office Assistant is also responsible for communicating any incidents to the Campus Director or other appropriate staff.The position provides initial information to prospective students.
Office Assistant may be requested to participate in projects being undertaken either at the Paris Campus or at global level
This position is responsible for receiving and directing guests and students to the campus, receiving, and directing phone calls, and processing mail.
- Authorization to work in France/the EU (Required)
- Answer the main campus phone line and provide general information about the University and give guidance to the appropriate office or person for the issue at hand.
- Direct student traffic to administration and faculty offices.
- Receive, sort and deliver mail to staff, faculty and students.
- Prepare official correspondence for posting, including express shipments and registered mail.
- Coordinate local events, e.g. graduation ceremony
- Coordinate facility and maintenance issues with the building supervisor.
- Support faculty and staff with administrative tasks.
- Provide general information about the Paris community.
- Manage access control cards
- Support faculty and students with IT issues/questions in the classroom.
- Support staff with IT issues/questions to scale it to the best channel for its resolution.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the operations and academics team to ensure student and graduate success
- Strengthens the reputation of the University by promoting excellence in all we do
- Maintains effective communication with students, staff, and administration
- Ensures that campus events run smoothly.
- Participate in departmental, campus, university, and in-service meetings.
- Participate in university-wide conference calls as required.
- Disseminate and share best-practices with counterparts.
- Develop collaborative relationships with faculty, other university employees and management
- Provides administrative support to management
- Promote the University though professionalism with all stakeholders
For over 50 years, we have firmly believed in experiential learning, an educational model that combines knowledge and skills acquisitions with solid humanist values. A combined learning process that guaranteed to all our students not only proficient professional capacities but also an international mindset to build inclusive and realistic scenarios that unify people, nations and cultures.
At SIU we are aware that our students will be part of a global, borderless and hyper-connected world. Thus, our 4 International Campuses provide undergraduate and graduate students with a high-quality variety of degrees valid both in the USA and Europe. All our programs are instructed in English and designed to be customized to each personal scenario. Additionally all our students are encouraged to study abroad at any time during their education to complete their professional expertise with truly life experiences that turn them in truly holistic profiles.